Even some of our seasoned skiing and boarding clients can forget to bring some of their essential ski holiday gear, so here’s your handy packing list to help you prepare for your Sainte Foy winter holiday….
On the slopes…
- Ski clothing: ski pants, ski jacket, ski socks, gloves
- Ski layers: thermal bottoms, thermal long sleeve tops, neck warmers, glove liners, fleeces/merinos, beanie
- Accessories: Goggles, sunglasses, GoPro if you’ve got one!
- Lip balm and sunscreen, with high SPF
- Water bottle, energy bars/snacks
Ski and snowboard equipment
- Skiing: skis, boots, poles,
- Snowboarding: snowboard, boots and if needed, wrist guards and back brace
- Off-piste safety equipment, including transceiver, shovel, probe (this can also be rented in resort). Want to know more about Sainte Foy’s off-piste? Visit our website for more details.
Don’t forget that our friends at SkiSet offer 20% discount Premiere Neige guests. You can pre-book equipment online here and they’ll have it ready for you on arrival. .
- Snow boots or other waterproof footwear with good grip
- Swimming gear – for the hot tub/sauna/steam room, if your property has one! Check out our properties with Hot Tubs
- Casual warm clothes (no real need to bring another jacket, as holidaymakers normally wear their ski jackets in the evenings too)
- Cosy socks/slippers to keep toes toasty in your ski property
- Extra hat/ beanie and gloves for evenings
- Hand crème/moisturizer as it can be quite drying in the Alps
Your basic travel essentials…
- Euros – although there is also a cash machine in Sainte Foy
- First aid kit, including plasters, deep heat and paracetamol (just in case the apres-ski gets a bit more full-on than you expected)!
- Travel adaptors
- Travel documents
- EHIC card
- Driving license if driving from the UK or renting a car from the Airport
- Books, favourite DVDs, favourite toys, pack of cards
- Chargers for all electricals
- (No need to bring hairdryers, as all Premiere Neige accommodation has hairdryers included)
Of course, we are not recommending that you must pack all the above, as the ski conditions and temperatures will vary throughout the season. In March and April for example, the weather may be quite sunny and often skiers will wear less/lighter clothing. Our best tip would be to be, check the weather conditions and forecast before you head off!
Happy packing, we look forward to seeing you in Sainte Foy soon!